question

ksaltman avatar image
ksaltman asked

Venus OS 2.73 on RPi 3b+ - How to add virtual devices

I've been working on a Nodered integration that includes some Victron Equipment and would like to use the Venus OS on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ to simulate my final configuration for development and testing. Just a side note the Nodered server will be running on another RPi so the "Venus Large" build is not needed.

I've got a lot working, but still a lot that is not.

What works:

• RPi 3b+ with Venus OS 2.73
  • Boot via Ethernet cable to connect
  • Access to RPi using Victron Connect
  • Access RPi using Remote Console either from local network or VRM
  • Use remote console to set WiFi parameters and no longer need ethernet cable
  • Enable VRM and see demo configs on the portal

What doesn't work that I need some help with:

• Access from local network with SSH. I've enabled Remote Console but still get either connection refused or no response when SSH'ng from my Mac
  • Being able to enable VNC to access Linux console
  • MOST IMPORTANT: Add additional devices (Inverters, MPPT Chargers, etc etc) to mimic my actual setup

If anyone can point my in the direction of how to enable ssh and/or vnc access, as well as add additional "virtual" devices I'd appreciate it. That way I can work on the other side, configuring my MQTT client to monitor the setup.

Thanks in advance,

Venus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
neptuneuk avatar image
neptuneuk answered ·

With regard to SSH access. I had the same question, which was answered by @Jeroen with this post: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/29152/raspberry-pi-3b-ssh-acces.html?childToView=29184#comment-29184

Hope it enables you to access via SSH as it did me.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.