question

jeremyindenver avatar image
jeremyindenver asked

Turn on Battery Box Fan with Multiplus-II 48, MPPT-258, Cerbo GX

Looking for a way to turn on the Zephyr vent fan during charging of AGM batteries in an insulated battery box that is in a cold weather location. Charging can come from solar or generator.

Thanks,

Jeremy

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You could use a fan control module that's triggered by ambient temperature. Something like:

https://amazon.com/Diymore-Temperature-Manumotive-Controller-High-Temperature/dp/B0752GMMPJ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeremyindenver avatar image
jeremyindenver answered ·

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am more looking to vent any hydrogen that may accumulate while charging, so I don't believe temperature controls alone would help that

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Hydrogen is lighter than air so it rises. A small vent tube to the outside world from the top of the box, and a place at the bottom to let air in might be enough.

I haven't looked but you might be able to program the relay on a BMV to close when battery current exceeds a preset value.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic