question

thechad avatar image
thechad asked

NEGATIVE power reading on ShorePower Line 1???

I finally got my CerboGX to see all of the components in our system: Multiplus II, 2x smart solar controllers, smart shunt.

How is it possible to have negative power on Line 1???  

FWIW, I was also seeing negative amperage numbers directly from the multiplus ii via the BT dongle... So, it's not the release candidate firmware on the CerboGX...

Any ideas?

1631659493067.png
Multiplus-II
1631659493067.png (42.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
I’m having the same issue but it’s tripping the gfci in the house. Any updates on this?
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney Justin Tierney commented ·

Bump...I'm still seeing this issue mainly when I get to the float stage. I've got no DC backfeed allowed. This is currently plugged into a none gfci outlet because it kept tripping the other with nothing connected but AC in. So either I still have something setup wrong or my MP seems faulty like the post above. Any advice would be great, thanks!

capture.png

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (47.2 KiB)
2 Answers
thechad avatar image
thechad answered ·

UPDATE!

I just did a no-shore-power inverting test and it worked great. However, after reconnecting shore power (50A), both the CerboGX AND Multiplus II (via BT) show 0W on line 1. I have an AC running on line 1, so this 0W is totally wrong.

Bad MP?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@TheChad

Sometimes a small in-balance in wiring can do this.

Also with some LOM detection settings you can occasional feedback, since it is testing for the / testing the grid.

2 |3000