question

R Robinson avatar image
R Robinson asked

Help with MPPT and Shunt setup

I have watched the video’s and read trough the online manuals for setting up the Victron Smart 150/60 MPPT, and the Smart Shunt 500A. I am not sure I have the settings correct yet, as I seems as though some of the information is conflicting, or maybe it’s just me. I have 400AH of LifePo4 batteries and this is what I have for settings currently. Thank you!!

aaf3f392-b8f8-4ba1-bb9c-1fe22d0f8019.png

38b5016d-60ac-493e-84ba-7fc9cc9bb02f.png

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

That roughly agrees with my LiFePO4 setup, although I have set absorption to 1 minute as I just want to kill the charge entirely when I get to the knee. Opinions vary.

You haven't been able to get your batteries full yet, so the SOC looks like it doesn't know where it's at. Why not pluck a number out of the air and manually set your SOC? Won't hurt, and hopefully the next sunny day might get you to 100%.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

R Robinson avatar image R Robinson commented ·
It was showing full SOC before I disconnected my solar array to install my battery temp sensor. Just haven’t had enough sunny days to keep up with my power consumption. And I want, need more PV’s!
0 Likes 0 ·