question

mhrekik avatar image
mhrekik asked

RS232 MODBUS RTU (SERIE)

Bonjour, Je cherche a communiquer avec le victron MPPT 150/60 via modbus serie (RTU). je na'arrve pas a identifier les parametre modbus ( ID slave ).

Hi , I need to communicate with victron 150/60 via modbus serial (RTU) v, i can't identify the modbus parameters . any help please

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Hi.
The MPPT charge controllers communicate using VE.Direct protocol. There is not option for modbus RTU. There is no modbus RTU on any of the products.
Modbus is available is via the GX devices, but that is modbus TCP, not RTU.

Links to VE.Direct protocol are available here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/technical-information

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

von-baron avatar image
von-baron answered ·

It would not be very difficult to make a small micro-controller gateway to do this.

On one side the controller communicates the VE.Direct protocol, while on another communications port you have Modbus, either RTU or TCP depending on your needs.

An Arduino type micro-controller is capable of this.

It would have been good if products such as the MPPT range and inverters could have had Modbus (RTU or TCP) implemented, as Modbus is commonly being used more these days in consumer solar products.

I have a project that have been developing over some time which is based on GNU/Linux (Debian) which will communicate with Modbus RTU/TCP devices and my intention is for it to also be able to communicate using VE.Direct protocol.

It is a small scale SCADA system with secure web access.

Just received my new BlueSolar 150|60 today, and am looking forward make a start to coding up a Python module to integrate this into the code base as part of my off grid system.

2 |3000

Related Resources