question

Andy Todd avatar image
Andy Todd asked

Battery Monitor

On day one after a night of sailing and depleting the 420Ah of batteries the MPPT chargers generated 980Wh, 61% bulk, 8% absorb and 30% float. The max V was 14.15V, min 11.99V. At the end of a sunny day the Mastervolt monitor said the batteries were at 100%.

By day 4 the MPPT chargers generated 450Wh, 38% bulk, 8%, absorb and 54% float. Max V 14.15V, min 12.35V. Same sort of sunny day. But the Mastervolt monitor said the batteries were only at 85%.

Are the batteries being fully charged and is the Mastervolt monitor losing its reference?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Andy Todd avatar image
Andy Todd answered ·

devodave, I tried asking Mastervolt. They said ask Victron!! Thanks, I think you're right. I'm not sure how the Mastervolt monitor worked, but I think it's getting confused by seeing the voltage from the MPPTs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

Maybe you need to ask this in a Mastervolt forum?

Perhaps the Mastervolt parameters are incorrect. If the (assume Victron?) MPPT's are setup correctly and indicate that they are going into float, then it sure sounds like the monitor is wrong.

2 |3000