question

jr-blue avatar image
jr-blue asked

BMV -702 internal relay settings

Two questions for setting up the BMV-702 relay:

1. 'Setting 12' Invert relay: ON sets the relay to indicate it is open. In my view I would think On would mean the relay is ON that is closed.

So does ON mean the contacts are open?

2. How to test the relay: I am using the BMV-702 to operate a 60 amp 12V relay (NCC) which will trip all output from my Lithium battery when energised. I have set all the required settings for HV, LV, SOC and time to trip and reset.

Now I then raised the BMV-702 LV trip setting to 14V while the battery was sitting at 13.2V. No trip was activated. Setting 11 Relay Mode DFLT and Setting 12 Invert relay ON.

Can I test the BMV-702 this way or must the voltage move down to a trip value over time?

JR

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jr-blue avatar image
jr-blue answered ·

I think I better leave these questions on hold as I now find that I may have had some alarm operation on the BMV that forced the relay on, but I was not aware of this. I had not set the SOC of the BMV and expect this was activating the relay due to the SOC settings.

I will need to do more testing before I come to any conclusion but my assumption of 'Setting 12': Invert relay was not correct it is how it is stated in the manual.

Now that I have a SOC set in the BMV everything is starting to make sense.

JR

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.