question

a-v avatar image
a-v asked

ESS mode3 response time from passthru to charge?

What is the response time of the Q48/15000 when ESS mode3 operation is passthru, i.e. how much time passes before it starts to charge from the moment it has received the charge command?

Thank you in advance,

Viktoria

battery chargingESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I think it responds right away, but there is a "ramp up" time for the charger to go from 0 to whatever the maximum is / possible.

In this video you can see how long it takes for Alexa to send the command and the system responds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LVeW4B2pOc

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

a-v avatar image a-v commented ·

Hi WKirby. Thank you for the link. In that case the command travels around the internet.

I mean in miliseconds from the arrival of the command in the Quattro to the moment it starts up to charge and possibly a ramp up time to full charge capacity.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ a-v commented ·

Oh, in that example the commands from Alexa did not travel on the internet, it was LAN only. Alexa was communicating with a Node-RED device on the same subnet and the Node-Red device was sending Modbus-TCP commands to Venus.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic