question

kieron-harrop avatar image
kieron-harrop asked

Battery not charging from AC

Battery is constantly discharging despite being plugged in.

Color GX is only showing it pulling 12w from the grid, shouldn't it be constantly keeping the batteries topped up when plugged in.16312114356586764277536262561040.jpg

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Batteries? Other devices? Settings?
0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
kieron-harrop answered ·

160ah lithium battery, bmv 702, easy plus compact inverter

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
The multi has Storage as a label. Charge state?
0 Likes 0 ·
kieron-harrop answered ·

Ok how to I get it to.maintain the battery?

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
How did you setup the EasyPlus (the charger)?
0 Likes 0 ·
kieron-harrop answered ·

I didn't people who converted the van set everything up, was having issues with it not charging to 100 percent, they adjusted settings on bmv to cure that so onto the next issue the ac not maintaining the battery

2 |3000

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

This is from the manual about storage mode:

Less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use: the Storage mode The Storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge during 24 hours. In the Storage mode float voltage is reduced to 2,2V/cell (13,2V for 12V battery) to minimise gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘equalize’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulphation, a major cause of early battery failure.

I wonder, do you have charging sources that the EasyPlus can not measure?. That will result in it's battery monitoring being very inaccurate and possibly the true state of charge is much higher than what is on your display. I experienced similar results with my setup before installing a BMV and I have several solar chargers that my multiplus2 don't know about. The Multiplus2 would say the battery is 82% but when I told it to charge, it would go to float and just put in a couple of amps. I know now why. MAYBE that's what goes on in your case. I would install a smartshunt or a BMV and use that as battery monitor instead. Much more reliable.

1 comment
2 |3000

mrhappy avatar image mrhappy commented ·

Oh, you have a BMV? Check settings - system setup - battery monitor and make sure the BMV is selected. Also - under battery measurements - make sure the BMV is visible and the EasyPlus is hidden. I don't know if necessary, but the battery monitoring function can probably be turned off with VEConfigure.

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

I would bet the shunt hasn't been 0 calibrated.

Voltage suggests your fully charged.

Remember SOC is a calculated figure so the inputs must be right to get the correct figures!

0 the shunt. Remove all loads and then use the 0 function

Check battery capacity is set correctly.

1 comment
2 |3000

kieron-harrop avatar image kieron-harrop commented ·

It displays 100 percent when fully charged and charges on the solar just don't understand why it won't just draw from.the ac while plugged on overnight

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic