question

magisterkrss avatar image
magisterkrss asked

Can I use a battery with 16,8V

Hy I have a lithium titanate battery. it is a 6S with a maximum voltage of 16,8V

In the product discription of victron parts is stated that the maximum imput voltage is 17V

can I for instance use the phoenix 1600 inverter on that voltage safely or is the voltage to high for the electronics. the inverter is the only part I need to use on the battery directly in regard with the current the inverter uses to give 1600 watt

battery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@MagisterKrss

According to the datasheet you are just within voltage limit if that is the fully charged voltage of your pack. And your bms is good there. So you should be ok. The multi just won't switch on if you are out of limits.

Why are you running 6 cells instead of five though? I have never run a battery pack so close to the upper limits though. Only seen a silly person attach a 12v system to a 24v battery and get away with the mistake without an issue.

The Phoenix 1600VA inverter will only give you 1300W. If you want 1600W you need to get the Phoenix 2000VA model. Make sure the bms can handle the amps out for the load.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

magisterkrss avatar image
magisterkrss answered ·

I use a 300A BMS

thanks for the answer maybe I set 16V instead of 16,8 to have a bit of reserve

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic