question

flatlander avatar image
flatlander asked

Mixing Battleborn and SOK Lithiums in parallel?

I have the Multiplus 3000 12V, Victron Solar Charge Controllers, Smart shunt, etc. and 2x Battleborn 100AH lithiums in parallel (1 year old). I'd like to add an SOK 200AH battery in parallel with the Battleborn batteries. Will these work OK together and are there special settings I need to be aware of to make them safe to work together? Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
shea avatar image
shea answered ·

Both mixing old & different mfg batteries is contraindicated.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edrismelvin avatar image edrismelvin commented ·

Thanks, very helpful

friday night funkin

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

If inside are the same type cells (LFP), I do not see reason why they cannot be connected in parallel. (If you use proper thick and short wires)

Also to be save, in case the bigger battery's BMS disconnects you should set the max charging and discharging currents as per smaller battery.

2 |3000

pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

Battle Born says, "No."

Prismatics aren't the same as cylindrical.

And even if they were, built-in BMS's are likey different.

In fact, BB says to not mix even their own batteries if there's a 3 year difference in age between them. (I know because I asked them.)

2 |3000