Idea

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem suggested

Add additional waste tank types

Many RVs have multiple waste water tanks. The second waste water tank is typically called the "galley" tank.

I suppose there could be a second black tank as well but don't personally know of any RVs that do.

Other tank types can't be repurposed as a waste water tank because the warning level is reversed for waste tanks: most types warn below a low level, waste tanks warn above a high high level.

A more generic change would allow the warning level to be set with a higher/lower flag for each tank

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) commented

Hi Kevin, for waste and black water tanks; and what I would call grey water tank, there is a high alarm.

and for multiple types, can’t you use the tank name for that? i’m not sure what we would have to do for this?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ps: the alarm levels are coming - so lets just wait a little for the implementation to be complete and testable before discussing those any further

0 Likes 0 ·
cleaver avatar image
cleaver commented

Many of the large NA RV's have multiple black tanks, Now the folks that can afford a large Victron system. Could definitely use the ability to monitor 5 tanks, 6 if you include the generator tank.

Now I could never afford these RV's. But times are changing.

Note: Close to 200,000 RV's were shipped from factory's in US last year.

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.