Idea

arvid avatar image
arvid suggested

HAN port on the home electricity meter as energy meter for Dynamic ESS

To realize Dynamic ESS access to the energy data for my home is necessary. Those data are available in the HAN-port in my home electrical meter. By using this data I avoid installing an expensive energy meter that takes up space and increases the risk of errors in the home elecrical system.

HAN-ports will usually be on new electricity meters in the EU so I think many users will ask for this.

Best Regards

Arvid

Energy Meterdynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 commented

I've had a quick scan on github and looks like there's python libraries out there for reading HAN meter data.

GitHub - runborg/pyHan: Simple Python library to decode data from the HAN port on Norwegian electricity meters

You could probably tweak shelly energy meter custom driver made by the community to get data from there rather than getting data via shelly http endpoint you get data using the python library?

ie edit meter data in the below python script to be han in the above github page once you've included the relevant libraries.

dbus-shelly-3em-smartmeter/dbus-shelly-3em-smartmeter.py at main · fabian-lauer/dbus-shelly-3em-smartmeter · GitHub

I'd offer to help further but in my country they dont use those meters

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arvid avatar image
arvid commented

Thanks to matt1309 for showing how this can be done in a way I understand.
There is still so much uncertainty for me in the implementation that I have decided to wait six months. I hope that in the course of this there will be more finished solutions to the problem of reading data from the HAN port on the electric meter (Aidon 6525) into Cerbo GX to be able to realize Dynamic ESS.
See also the same topic under questions

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.