Idea

akram avatar image
akram suggested

Remote VEConfigure via smartphone

Hello Victron

Think would be easier and convenient to have the option of configuring settings via remote VEConfigure using a smartphone (app) instead of only PC.

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented

I agree, I think the app where it makes sense is VictronConnect.

Perhaps you could give some more information about how you think this could best work, and features that are most important to you.

There are no promises that I can make, but it is nice to hear exactly how you would like it to work.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

akram avatar image akram commented ·

Hello Guy

Configuration of multiplus settings and assistants via VictronConnect

0 Likes 0 ·

I don’t think that the assistants in their current form would make such a transition. If I remember correctly, The model of assistants was to work around a memory limitation in the models at the time. I don’t think this is still an issue, though is now a part of VEConfigure.

What features of the assistants do you use?

0 Likes 0 ·
julian avatar image julian Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy, firstly I'm sorry answering on an older topic, but there are many parameters out there not directly related to assistants that I don't see being possible to manage from Victron Connect (please correct me if I'm wrong) I remember now (surely there are more of them) battery capacity, absortion length values, voltages, ....

Also, may be this is an outdated property from the manual, but I can read there, regarding Multi's and other VE.Bus devices that "The supplied functionality is monitoring as well as operation of the product: switching between on/off/charger-only and setting the input current limit. Changing the configuration, as well as firmware updating a VE.Bus product, is not supported. "

0 Likes 0 ·
akram avatar image
akram commented

Hello

Victron connect 5.8 is the solution, configuring and updating is way easier now

Thank you Victron team

1 comment
2 |3000

julian avatar image julian commented ·

I vote yes for this

0 Likes 0 ·
maremotomoto avatar image
maremotomoto commented

Also the Quattro isn´t configurable. its a VE.Bus produkt connected to a CCGX why can´t be the product configured over a app an sent the Configurtion over WIFI to the CCGX (SD CARD) and the CCGX configures the VE.Bus produkt. :) easy going :)

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.

Related Ideas