question

lizirueti avatar image
lizirueti asked

charge with 4 mppt one akku

Hi i got 4 smart solar MPPT 100/20 and want to charge one 48 V Battery. I decide to purchase 4 MPPTs,because it is not recommended to install optimizers....... according to the manual i can select 1 as Master und 3 a slave. But if the master shut off due low sun, the other also stops charging?? My question is now, is it better not to connect the MPPT by ve.smart network and let each one work with the best sun level? something else to consider? If possible without secondary effect, can i monitor and edit each single mppt by my mobile?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@lizirueti

They will each work their best charging level in the smart network.

All the smart network does is keep all the chargers in the same charging state -bulk absorption float (known as synchronised charging)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lizirueti avatar image
lizirueti answered ·

Thanks Alexandra, what happens with the other 3, 2 or 1 MPPT when the master stops charging?

2 |3000