question

groote71 avatar image
groote71 asked

BMV-600s SOC not correct

Hi. I have a Victron BMV-600s on my Mountain Trail camper trailer. I am running 3 x 105Ah full river AGM batteries for a total of 315Ah. I have done some testing over the last couple of days running my 80L Waeco as a freezer, and have found that the SOC doesn't seem to be displaying correctly. The V is 12.13v, the CE is -37.5Ah, yet the SOC is still showing 93.5%. Any ideas on how to rectify the incorrect SOC? Thanks.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Make sure the only thing connected to the battery side of the BMV's shunt is the battery negative. All loads and charging sources need to be connected to the system/load side of the shunt. The frame connection should also be made to the system/load side of the shunt.

It is also possible that the BMV calibrated to 100% when the batteries were not fully charged. I'd make sure the option to reset to 100% SOC on power up is turned off unless you can guarantee the BMV won't be powered on unless the batteries are fully charged.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.