question

uenpia avatar image
uenpia asked

Does anyone know the RJ11 pinout of the Power Cable for the MPPT Control instrument?

I am looking for which pins to connect the + and - on the 6 pole RJ11 plug. I can easy crimp a plug with two wires. It's just needed for updating the controler.

I do have the cable, but it's fare away!

mpptcontrolpowercable.jpg

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
I think more info is needed ie the part number of the device or the model at least, as all the current models do not have this form of connection for any mppt device as far as I know,

unless its the canbus rj45 you are talking about
0 Likes 0 ·
uenpia avatar image uenpia Paul B commented ·

Thank you for your reply. The 'MPPT Control' is a small instrument which lets you see the status as well as setup all BlueSolar MPPT Charge Controllers that have a VE.Direct communications port.

mpptcontrol.jpg

The manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MPPT_Control_Display/en/introduction.html

0 Likes 0 ·
mpptcontrol.jpg (46.7 KiB)
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Now I understand, I am sorry but I have no idea as to the pin outs and I dont have a new unit here that I could check for you as well. However I would have a guess and say its the same as the pin outs for a BMV 700 - 712 battery monitor, But no promises here at all and its a total guess but you may have one of thouse around that you could check.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.