question

escapade-nawlins avatar image
escapade-nawlins asked

Does Victron have a sales force and tech support?

Every time I buy an Item I find out I have to have three other items..then when you buy the next three the first two you bought are throwaways....

Example...Smart Shunt.... then when you find out you need multiple attachments for batter and loads along comes the Lynx Power In, distributer and of course the Lynx Shunt VE.Can....so goodbye the smart shunt as Lynx comes with one....How nice...!

Then the cable wiring from the battery to multi plus but no input or help about how to use the smart shunt or how to track all loads and charging...WHICH I AM SURE ..will mean what you already bought can be pitched and you need other special products.....what other items are needed besides wire..is there anyone to call and ask stuff instead of just asking the forum and waiting til someone decides to answer...????

Hell, I can't even get a straight answer if the Color Control GX can actually change setting and parameters as they said the Bluetooth dongle could accept...OH MY, IT CAN'T you can just look at stuff?????

I have never seen a business plan with so little customer service.....Maybe time to return the some already bought still boxed product. Take the restocking Fee and move on to someone else that actually has customer service.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

Where are you choosing to purchase the products from? If from a dealer are you providing them with the details of your overall goal? Are you seeking technical advice in advance or are you just guessing what you need? Find a dealer that can offer you pre and post sales advice and support.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

escapade-nawlins avatar image escapade-nawlins commented ·
Anthony, Thought I did ...

Mistake #1 as here I am with the rest of the HELP ME PLEASE CROWD ON A FORUM....

Mistake #2 was picking Victron as I only looked at the product and their supplied customer responses on products.

Not bad just two mistakes so far...LOL

I am setting up and refitting a cruising sailboat...I won't mention the dealer as I see this as a manufacturer's problem in the victron distribution system. I thought they should make sure of quality support...the downline is picked by them, not me...

I may have picked the wrong vendor but then I didn't authorize him VICTRON did...

After the purchase is usually where problems occur and I was ready for that.

What I wasn't ready for was sitting at my computer asking people I don't know and didn't pay for tech help after I got the support of HIRE AN INSTALLER......this was after the fact.

I mean I have run my own company for 3 decades and just want to hook up the stuff myself as repairmen don't often make mid-ocean boat calls... and I wanted some tech support...Hell I didn't know how to fix copiers but made it 30 years in the copier business.....WITH HAPPY CUSTOMERS....none of my customers needed to go to a tech forum to find out about their copiers...LOL

Thanks for the sane and reasonable answer I am muddling through this ...in the end will get it, it is just frustrating...

Now I have to go answer the next guy.....I can tell he is not gonna be happy with my answer...Again thanks for the input...

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@ESCAPADE Nawlins

As anthony wrote you should contact a (local) experienced installer/dealer and explain him what you want to do BEFORE you start buying random Victron devices and realize they don't play well together.

Designing a system can be a very complex process especially if you don't know all available products and how they work and if you don't have any experience.

It is not Victrons fault that you just didn't research good enough before you bought the equipment.

Here you can look for Victron installers and dealers:
https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

1 comment
2 |3000

escapade-nawlins avatar image escapade-nawlins commented ·
Sorry, my man you seem to assume a lot of things that just aren't so...tried to find a local installer ... familiar with this equipment......I am in New Orleans...SO that link you sent was as worthless as you assuming and not giving any worthwhile input...

The vendor was giving me, supposedly exactly what I wanted...I bought exactly what I was told..then, well no use telling you as I feel you truly aren't gonna be any help whatsoever...

Thanks for the link anyway and taking the time to part insult and part well not much else...LOL

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Wow...not the answer I expected from Victron.

If I had know this is Victrons support model and approach I would put my money in another product. (BTW...I work in technical customer support and understand how a successful support model works.)

No need to follow any further conversations on the community site.

2 |3000