question

Jens Raube avatar image
Jens Raube asked

Boat Setup Changing Questions

Hello.

I support an 72Foot Boat with a Victron Setup built in.

Built in :

Quattro 24V/5000

VE Net Battery Shunt

Blue Power Panel

Batterybank of 12 220 Ah AGM Victron

PV System with No Name Loader

The Owner wants a New Setup.

Wich means the PV System will now be guided by a new MPPT Victron Loader

Ther will be an additional Windturbine to load batterys

I wnat to switch to the Color gx panel an link the mppt with VE direct, so the Power wich comes from the PV will be visual.

In best case the powerinput from the Windturbine will be shown seperatly on the GX panel. How to do it?

And how to integrate the VE Shunt? Can i use a VE Net to VE Bus Converter?

Thanks for helping me out ;)

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

We would need a full diagram and the existing system and a diagram of what you are proposing to do. or a full plan would help.

as a example I would more than likely suggest you think about the house bank being Lithium Phosphate (LP) say 6 x 200 A/H banks or total 600 A/H at 24 volts Max Usable 540 A/H but a usable life of 15 plus years. Faster charging, no maintenance,

yes change the Blue power unit to a CCGX and a BMV- 712

also maybe add Auto gen start and stop as this is inbuilt into the CCGX. this is great for night time sleeping with NO gen noise etc etc

add as much solar as you can and put a one size to big Mppt solar reg in (to cover for expansion latter)

But I would also suggest that you contact your nearest Victron Distributor and discuss this with them as They can give you ideas and options that you may not have thought of.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources