question

big-blue avatar image
big-blue asked

Which setup? Multiplus II 5000VA or 3x 2000VA in 3 Phase grid with additional external generator

Hi, i am new in this business and read a lot in the documentation and web but did not find a valid solution for my question.

I have a grid connection on 3 phases and want to add some PV modules to generate my own electricity. Besides the PV Modules a have a single phase connection with maximum 32A.

My question is: Can i use the single phase connection as input for 3x Multiplus II to create a 3 Phase system?

Can i configure the MutliPlus to use max 32A input for the sum of the 3 Multiplus? I know i can configure the input for each Mutliplus. But use 10 for each multi is not a good solution in my mind. Maybe Phase 1 has a load of 30A und 2 and 3 have 0, then the battery will be used but it is not necessary.

Maybe a better setup will be one Multiplus with 5000VA?

Thanks for your help.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@big_blue

Yes you can have a single phase power supply, yet have a 3 phase system. It will not work as normal 3 phase power does with ess

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/7060/three-phase-off-grid-and-single-phase-generator.html

The victrons are ok will unbalanced loads over the 3 phases as long as you are not exceeding the capability of the Victron on that one phase.

If you have 3 phase input then the system charges at the sum of all the phases. Have you seen the training on Victron Professional? It may be worth a look.

If you are using ess then you are able to set the batteries to keep them charged so you are not drawing the SOC down. However they will be used for power assist (topped up immediately after), when you start up loads and if you set your input current down lower.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

big-blue avatar image
big-blue answered ·

@Alexandra:

Thank you for your reply and the link in your post. This was very helpfully. I have read the linked article and decide the setup with one phase generator and 3 Phase System is to complex.

I will use one 5000VA Multiplus with the connected generator, this will fit most of my load and it is not so complex in setup and configuration.

Thanks

2 |3000