question

elel avatar image
elel asked

"Maximum current 32A" for Current Transformer for MultiPlus-II

In the product page of "Current Transformer for MultiPlus-II", it mentioned that it is a 100A:50mA CT but at the end of the description it said "Maximum current: 32A."!

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/current-transformer-for-multiplus-ii

What does ""Maximum current: 32A" in the production description mean? Does it mean the max. transfer switch current 32A of those 3000AV models? It doesn't make sense to me! Hope that someone here can help and clarify.

PS My understanding is that this Current Transformer should be put on the incoming grid line at the meter box of the house and the 3.5mm jack should to be insert to the "Current Sense" port of a Multiplus II. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. The manual is not clear on this part.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes the multiplus unit is only capable of 32 Amps max current, and the CT goes into the meter box grid point. The CT is capable of reading up to 100Amps and thats all.

Regards
Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.