question

Jim avatar image
Jim asked

Update BMV 712

1612888511365.png

jmashin72 answered · 1 minute ago

Just updated my 712 and now it will not pair I had no problems before updating.

I installed the 5.36 onto my android and then the problem began. I have gone through the steps Victron has suggested with no positive results.

My phone will find the 712 but will not pair I have used 0000 / 1234 and have not changed those since I bought it.

Any suggestions?

Jim

jmashin@yahoo.com

BMV Battery Monitor
1612888511365.png (1.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Is location enabled and have the VictronConnect App the permission to use it?

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-c8998d8f-150e-b378-e376-b4a70090ad3e

Step 3: Check that VictronConnect has access to the location services

On Android 5 and later VictronConnect needs access to the phone's location services to be able to scan nearby Bluetooth products. Unless you checked “Don't show again” VictronConnect will warn on each discovery attempt when permissions are not granted or location services are disabled.

Permission to access location services is requested each time the app starts …but if you checked the “Don't show again” option while denying, the request won't appear again.. You can grant permission by going to the Android settings → Applications → VictronConnect → Permissions, and then enable the “Location” permission. Another way is to uninstall and then reinstall VictronConnect.

Step 4. Enable Location (or GPS) functionality in the system settings

For Bluetooth scanning to work, the Location (or GPS) functionality on the phone needs to be enabled.

Step 7. Try another phone at first

If you are still experiencing difficulties, having tried the steps above, try connecting using another phone; preferably an Apple phone or tablet as they work without any issues.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jim avatar image Jim commented ·

've done the above suggestions except reloading the app.

Check to make sure location was on, permission to the app was correct.

Re-started phone selected the VictronConnect it goes directly to searching for the 712 (orange wheel begins to spin, it never as me for a pin.

Once the search is done I am left in the Local tap and VRM with a message saying No device found.

0 Likes 0 ·

I'm going to uninstalled the app and reinstalled.

0 Likes 0 ·

Are there any special requirements when doing this uninstall and reinstall?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

The default pincode is "000000", so 6 zeros.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Jim avatar image
Jim answered ·

Thanks to those who help with suggestions on my 712 not finding the device after updating to 5.32v.

I resolved the issue by deleting the updated version 5.32 and reinstalling version 5.29.

After loading rebooting my phone I selected the VictronConnect icon and BINGO I'm back up and running like before.

I will not be updating my 712 I believe in the saying "if it's not broke don't fix it"

Thanks aging for the suggestions

Jim

2 |3000