question

andy-b avatar image
andy-b asked

Connect VEConfigure to old mltiplus

I have a Multiplus from 2007 with firmware 1871148.HEX shown on the internal sticker. I am trying to connect to it with the VEconfigure (ver 90.03.120) listed under "software for older products" but am not getting any response. This is listed for use with firmware 14xx and 17xx. What VEConfigure version should I use for 18xx?

I have a USB to serial adapter connected to the port where I usually have the Phonenix Multi Control connected, the Multi Control works so I know the port and cat5 cable OK on the Multiplus. I believe these old models use VE 9 bit interface rather than the newer protocols.

Also should the switch DP2 be set in the "remote panel connected" or "no remote panel" setting?

Do I need the PC interface MK1 or 2 to connect or are these just USB to serial adapters?

Thanks

Andy

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You should be able to use the current version of VE.config 3 and also the MK3 interface should work, if not you need a MK2 interface.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.