question

arneze avatar image
arneze asked

Remote restart Quattro after overload shutdown

Hello,

I had several times an overload on my quattro 48/10000 with stop of it while my load on AC 1 out is around 400watts.

I'm looking to restart the quattro remotely but I don't know how to simulate an overload stop to test.

I suppose that the alarm contact changes state, so that I will be warned.

My CCGX being powered directly from my 48v batteries and my internet access being protected by an inverter, I would like to know if by connecting to VRM Portal then to a remote console, by putting the switch on Off then on On my quattro would restart.

Thanks for your help

Arneze

(translated from French to English by google translation)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Hi @Arneze

I have had a similar issue recently and found that turning it off and on through VRM does not work.

I haven't had the issue since updating the firmware version, but then again I only experienced it for the first time after 3 months of operation.

Can you please let me know what firmware your Quattro is currently running.

Regards Ewald

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/55528/quattro-overload-fault-issue.html?childToView=56021#comment-56021

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arneze avatar image
arneze answered ·

Hi @EwaldErasmus

My firmware version is 460. I will update to 475 and if the problem comes back I will see if I can restart it remotely

Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

Good luck, please let us know if the issue remains. I haven't seen the issue yet, but in all fairness, I have only seen it once. I was previously running firmware version 430, but it is now on 475, and everything seems good.

Regarding the remote restarting, I was not able to get it right. I tried multiple remote options but the only thing which worked for me was physically switching the inverter off and back on again on the front panel.

0 Likes 0 ·
arneze avatar image
arneze answered ·

Hi

Update 475 performed.

I cannot find on my CCGX the restart screen after an overload that we see in your other post on the subject and of which I put the link below

https://community.victronenergy.com/storage/attachments/11458-1594547165504.png

2 comments
2 |3000

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

Hi @Arneze

The image you refer to is not a restart after overload, it is a start condition I set for my generator. I had the issue of my Quattro overloading on essentially no load (1000W), and then I had no power at all. I wanted the generator to start and assume the load, and in that situation hope it would reset the overload issue. Just like you, I wanted to reset the unit remotely but I couldn't get it right.

For reference the image is found in:

Setting-> Generator start/stop->Setting->Conditions->Inverter overload

Please keep us updated if the unit goes into overload again whilst under minimal load.

0 Likes 0 ·
arneze avatar image arneze ewalderasmus commented ·

Ok, I thought it was restarting the quattro after overload but it's to start an outside generator. I don't have one on my installation.

I will keep you informed if I again have an overload with a small load and if in this case I manage to restart the quattro remotely

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Arneze

How are you going with this issue?

There is a new firmware version 478 available with some improvements specific to unexpected overload conditions.

Specifically;

• Prevents permanent lock on ripple error due to overload

• Improvement of acceptance of grid in “floating phase” systems icw generators.

• Solved: Spurious switch off due to overload.

This firmware is currently only available via the Victron Professional Firmware section, and is not yet bundled in with the VictronConnect app. So you will need a Victron Professional account to download it before updating.

All usual firmware update warnings apply, please read those first if you have not updated firmware before - it is not intended for beginners and will wipe all settings.

Updating VE.Bus firmware in Victron Connect

Updating VE.Bus firmware with VEFlash

2 |3000