question

sam-pereira avatar image
sam-pereira asked

Installed the Orion 12/12v non-isolated charger, but it doesn't charge the leisure battery, the app just reads "OFF- charge disabled". Any ideas??

1. Charger is enabled, the input voltage is within the range I've set, and the green LED is flashing for charging, but it remains on the 'charge disabled' message
MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi, welcome to the Community!

Check your "engine running detection" voltage threshold settings in the app; the start battery voltage is extremely low in your screenshot, well below a typical startup voltage - in fact, I strongly advise against setting this unit to charge from the start battery when your start battery is half empty already, which is what this looks like.

Secondarily, of course check to ensure that the remote bridge is installed (or the remote jumper, depending on which version you have).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sam-pereira avatar image
sam-pereira answered ·

Bridge is installed. Output voltage is within the set range for charging. Doubt see why it reads 'disabled'....

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

I'd post a screenshot of your actual settings in that case - output voltage is not the concern here, it's input voltage that's super low (start battery).

0 Likes 0 ·
baraduke avatar image
baraduke answered ·

Hi

Same problem to the beginning

Try lower voltage ,start at 12,5 v see if charge in bulk

If IT charge try to raise , 12,5, 12,6 , 12,7 etc

Try check charge power ,

At a moment you raise voltage , the charger cut , you have to lower the voltage

The prob for me when batt is empty I have to start at 12,8, and raise progressively

I I put too much the charger cut

2 |3000