question

mark-webster avatar image
mark-webster asked

One solar panel - 2 connection options - Wiring advice

I have 1 x 100 watt solar panel and two connection locations (roof and portable - on ground). Therefore, i have 2 positive wires going to a breaker and then 1 wire going from this breaker to the MPPT 75/15 CC. I will NEVER have two panels connected at the same time. Only one. Anyone see an issue with this wiring setup?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Trina avatar image
Trina answered ·

As long as your positive can't ever ground on the unused connection and you fuse things, no issues! I have 4 of these for summer myself (vs winter) and a mobile cord connection for portables that can be moved to various more sunny spots as needed -no issues for years!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mark-webster avatar image
mark-webster answered ·

Thanks, Trina. I'm not sure i follow on the ground comment. I was going to connect both negative wires to the same PV port on the MPPT CC.

2 |3000