question

Serge Della Signora avatar image
Serge Della Signora asked

Quattro - Alarm Transfer Switch protection initiated - How to cancel ?

Dear all, we would appreciate some assistance, ideas and solutions.

Problem:

After changing my batteries, the "Bulk + Mains on" LED lights (code 24 ) appeared fixed on my Quattro master (2 in parallel) and this alarm is permanent.

In the Quattro manual it means: Switch-over system protection initiated.

I can't get out of this state.

Increasing the AC input voltage to 210V and multiple resarts do not change anything.

The fault remains after having spent the Quattros in StandAlone and the same thing after inverting the master and the slave.

I also upgraded the Quattro version from 26.41.474 to 476, with no success, the transfer switch always stays on AC-In-1 to AC-out-1 and most importantly the Quattros don't see the batteries.

How to cancel this state and return to normal ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

2 x Quattros 24/3000 / 70-50 / 30 230V

Serial number: 11300700098 and HQ1223M5FS1

Control PCB 2641, 2642 and PMB 044A for both.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Serge Della Signora answered ·

Thanks Alexandra, I will study this and I will tell you the result.

2 |3000

Serge Della Signora answered ·

Failure lifted on a good indication from Thierry Cortassa, Emmanuel Toitot ... and of course Alexandra for understanding the Transfer Switch.

The wiring is what to check first, because I had different battery voltages depending on the places where I was taking the measurements and especially these measurements were not logical. The batteries, the MPPT, on the BMV nothing matched.
Especially with the battery switch on, the voltage at the battery terminals was identical to that of the Quattros terminals.
The measurements also differed between Quattro Parallel operation and StandAlone.
A little drawing is better than a long speech about the measurements taken.

fullsizeoutput-4ec9.jpeg

No loose contact on terminal blocks, bolts tight. After removal I connected the cables directly and hallelujah everything was back to normal.
Immediate disappearance of the Transfer Switch protection alarm (permanent Bulk), the Quattros switch to Absorption then Floating and the BMV displays correct and logical values and above all a load current.
Regarding the battery switch, it is calibrated at 300A and I see no other explanation than an internal deformation following overheating.
I guess the Quattros were seeing very bad internal resistance on the batteries while this resistance was due to the battery switch and they were preventing going on it with Transfer Switch Protection (error code 24).

It was ultimately very simple.

Thank you all for your help, ideas and solutions.

2 |3000