question

kevinnorth avatar image
kevinnorth asked

Setting bluesolar 150/85 bulk charge value

I've got the bluesolar 150/85 mppt charge controller and am trying to set values in the manual algorithm (no 8) to match those suggested by my supplier. I can set absorption and float values, but not bulk.

I have 12 x 2v lead acid traction batteries that my supplier has suggested values of :

Bulk - 32.4v (2.7x12)

Absorption - 28.8v (2.4x12)

Float - 30v (2.5x12)

These are higher than the value suggested in charging profile 5,which I would have though matched what I have.

Thoughts?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi ! I have serious doubts about the values given by your supplier, and I am afraid you are going to "toast" your battery bank. The values I am mentionning are adapted to floaded batteries 24V.

Mark, model, and capacity will really help to find the exact settings.

32,4V is usually used to equalize the batteries, but not for charging in bulk mode.

28.8-30.00V is usually used in absorption mode

27,6V is usually used for floating mode

I WON'T USE THE 32,4V. Please, provide use data or even pictures of the batteies, it will avoid you murdering your batteries.

I also recommend you watching the Youtube Videos done by Rolls Batteries, you can learn a lot and avoid mistakes. ROLLS FLOODED BATTERIES

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevinnorth avatar image
kevinnorth answered ·

Thanks for your reply. I have contacted the supplier again, and they have corrected their numbers. I had been running algorithm 5 which states 28.8 abs, 27.6 float, and the new numbers for in with these. I had not run the suggested hoover numbers.

A good job I didn't go with his numbers initially I think!

2 |3000