question

willy-moyer avatar image
willy-moyer asked

SmartSolar 100/30 not seeing panel voltage

I'm using 4 mighty max 100w 12v - 18v panels. 2 panels in series and then run parallel with the other 2 panels in series. Each group reads 48-50v open circuit voltage. When I connect the panels to the controller, 0.01v and 0 current is seen on the app. I even test the wires going into the PV input and no voltage is seen. As soon as I disconnect the wires from the controller, the 48-50v shows on the wires again. In the history tab of the app there is a Vmax reading of 117.65 but I don't know when that would have occurred or how.

Is this normal? It's an admittedly overcast day here and the panels are flat on top of a truck camper but I thought it was weird to see nothing. I cleaned the panels and ensured that they were not shaded. I also tried both groups of panels individually with no change. I have double checked the polarity and hooked the battery up first before the panels. Any help is appreciated as I am a first timer. Thanks.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
willy-moyer avatar image
willy-moyer answered ·

I also reversed the polarity based on some similar questions with no change.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.