question

sv-tango avatar image
sv-tango asked

MPPT 100/20 Bluetooth not connecting in the AM

I have 3 MPPT 100/20, each on a different solar array. Two of them operation normally. They wake up in the AM and start working and communicating over bluetooth and the VE.Smart network. The 3rd wakes up but will not communicate until I reset by removing PV and Batt power. Then all is fine on this unit until the next AM. I've reset this charger many times, tried taking it off the VE.Smart net too. I have the arrays set for 12V, not 24 volts. This AM the uncommunicating controller had 13.4V Batt and 21V from the array and was showing steady GREEN, bulk charge. Using the BMV-712 it appears all the chargers are working, but, the one will communicate without being reset. Any hints or ideas?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mkuiken avatar image
mkuiken answered ·

Hi sv-tango,

For a starter, in case you have not tried this before, can you please remove all the devices (mppt's and bmv) from the ve.smart network. Then make a new ve.smart network and make all devices join this new network?

If this doesn't solve the issue can you please make a screenshot of the VE.Smart Networking settings page in VictronConnect when there's no charging active? Please do this for each device in your ve.smart network (I reckon this will be 3 MPPT's and the BMV).

Please also make these screenshots in the erroneous situation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.