question

markequ avatar image
markequ asked

Charger is not activated, remote control pin is missing

Hi there,

i have a mppt 150/45tr solar charger and trouble to load my batteries.

In the victronenergy connector app i get the info that the charger is not activated and the pin for the remote control can be the reason.

Later I found out that this pin is missing, see the pictures. I guess the reason is because the configuration was different before (i bought it from someone who had it just a few weeks).

Is it possible that the missing pin for the remote control can be the reason why it isnt charging?

If yes, how can i solve it? I didnt find anything to buy this pin, is there a workaround?

picture how it should be:

picture how it looks like, see the missing pin

Thanks!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You could cut down the plug in the relay side to 2 pole and use that.....

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markequ avatar image markequ commented ·

Interesting idea!

The plug from the relay has no function in default? Any consequences if I use that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Without that pin the MPPT is deactivated. I'm not sure what kind of pin that is to buy it somewhere. You should contact the seller.

2 |3000

markequ avatar image
markequ answered ·

Thanks for the fast reply. I havent found anything to buy that later but I will try to contact the distributor.

2 |3000

markequ avatar image
markequ answered ·

Does anyone know if Its possible to override it via direct access to the charger?

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

No it is a hard wired feature. You have to make a connection there somehow.

You can also connect (+) to the H pin or (-) to the L pin.

0 Likes 0 ·
markequ avatar image markequ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hi Matthias,

thanks! But how do I connect them without the pin. Klim8sceptic suggested to use the pin from the relay.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ markequ commented ·

As long as you don't use the relay you can try to use the connector from the relay.

Otherwise you need to be creative. I don't know what tools and other materials you have to improvise.

0 Likes 0 ·
markequ avatar image
markequ answered ·

I used the pin from the relay and a 0,75mm2 cable (it should be safe for around 3V does it?!) and it seems to work. I dont see the error message in the victron energy connect app anymore.

Tomorrow I will know if the charger works.

Thanks for your suggestions so far!

2 |3000

markequ avatar image
markequ answered ·

It worked, the charger is working!

Thanks!

2 |3000