question

mydolos avatar image
mydolos asked

Multi Plex 12/2000 overload warning while on a generator

Hi,

We have the 12/2000 inverter generator and a 13,500 BTU Dometic brisk air 2 air conditioner and micro air soft start. When we connect to the 30amp shore power it powers the ac perfectly.

Yet, when we go to use our yamaha ef2200is generator, I get an Overload warning on the inverter and it shuts off power from the generator, what's about 10 seconds, then power returns.

Is there a setting that I am missing to get this working? Other people have the same set up and it works.

Why am I getting that error message?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Try setting the Power assist at say 15 amps if you are 110 or 9 amps if 220. or even try 10 for 110 and 5 for 220, if this works then slowly up these figures until you get the correct level.

To adjust these you will need a MK3 unit and a computer or a dedicated Victron DMC (digital multi control) or a CCGX/Venus unit

otherwise more information is needed.

1. current/Amps draw and the battery voltage when the air con is running

2. current/Amps draw and the battery voltage when the Air con starts (this will be hard as the start of the air con will only be 1 or 2 sec or less)

3. another question is - when the air con starts is the Generator then disconnected from the Inverter and thus the inverter is taking the full load (this is why I am suggesting using the power assist feature in the Multiplus)

I suspect that the 13500BTU unit is drawing more than what 12/2000 can deliver especially at startup

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.