question

larsivarboe avatar image
larsivarboe asked

Multiplus 1600 not accepting generator Honda 10EU

@lars.ivar.boe

I have a Victron MultiPlus C 12/1600/70-16, and are having problems with it accepting my generator, Honda 10EU.

I have followed instructions from Victrons FAQ: What to do when a MultiPlus does not accept generator power.

I have disabled UPS function and enabled Weak AC input. I have also activated the dynamic current limiter and the Power Assist and tried to have a ohm load on the inverter. However, the Multiplus is not accepting the generator, all load are going from the batteries. When I put load on the multiplus it is taking all load from the batteries and none from the inverter. When I am setting the multiplus to a charger only mode it is not functioning.

Can anybody help?

I see from the VE config that the generator Frequency is 50,1 Hz and the voltage is 239V which should be fine, see picture below.

Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1595580656221.jpeg (97.5 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

What does the General and Grid tab look like?

0 Likes 0 ·
larsivarboe avatar image larsivarboe commented ·

Picture of Grid tab. Do you know if that red light under SoC are wrong?

I do not have a picture of the General tab, but I can make one later on today, I do not think I was changing any factory settings there. I enclose a picture of the software installed on the multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·
1595589361703.png (566.0 KiB)
1595589408954.png (566.0 KiB)
1595589476126.png (1.3 MiB)
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ larsivarboe commented ·

On the General tab you can change the Shore Limit (AC current input) - probably 3 - 3.5a for your Honda.

There are also check boxes for SoC and "Overruled by remote" (shore limit)

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
larsivarboe avatar image
larsivarboe answered ·

Thanks, but it did not work. I tried 3 A and 3.5 A and with and without checked "Overruled by remote"

See picture below.

Any other tips, suggestions?

I am also enclosing a file with all the settings in the MultiPlus.

VEConfig_settings.pdf

@klim8skeptic

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

I am not sure what the virtual switch does, but I would update VE configure, and take a copy of the latest 2606xxx firmware.

I have a smaller inverter generator just to charge batteries..it works.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi docs about MultiPlus & Generator are here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

tips in there might be of help - I dont know more details about this - sorry.

2 |3000

julio-fuentes avatar image
julio-fuentes answered ·

Hi there

I spent months with the same problem and today I change LOM detection to DISABLE and voilà!!

it's working fine even with weak AC disable and UPS function enable

2 |3000