question

arran avatar image
arran asked

Bmv 700 displays exclamation mark!

Hello all.

My bmv 700 had it's alarm go off for first time yesterday. I have bmv on 1000ah lead acid 12v bank if 2v lead acid traction cells. I was trying a kettle for the second time (first time ok) when an alarm sounded from bmv. Someone 'stabbed' at buttons and alarm stopped. Since then the display shows an exclamation mark(!) on display. Manual does not say much, it says it will go away when conditions causing alarm do. I don't know what set alarm off, I can only think that maybe batt voltage dropped too low for a split second. Battery voltage normal after kettle boiled, batteries were full prior to switching on kettle and 1500watt panels were in full sun, infact the panels produced over 700watts during kettle load (maybe a record for this system!). Everything is still working fine, still using a kettle (1800+/-watts) couple times a day. I just can't fathom why the ! is still there. My daughter said try tipex, but I said I'd try the Victron forum first. How do I make the ! go away!!!!!!!! Many thanks Arran

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

For myself I would purchase a Victron Bluetooth dongle and plug it into the VE Direct port on the back of the BMV700 then you can easly see all the allarm settings on the victron connect app on your phone , its much easyer that going through all the settings screens on the BMV700 unit.

I suspect you are correct re the low voltage but it could also be LOW SOC

otherwise you will need to check all the allarm settings

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.