question

botanybay avatar image
botanybay asked

Input voltage range for 7000 Watt Isolation Transformer

I am currently using the auto 115/230V 3600 watt isolation transformer on my US dock which is ~208V @ 60hz and everything is running well except that the Quattro is having to go into power assist more often than I would like. The 115/230V unit specifies the voltage limits when taking in 115v or 230v ranges.

I would like to use the 7000 watt 230 only isolation transformer.

I have not been able to find any information about what the allowable input voltage range is for this unit. I have tried the manual and the data sheet which only say 230V. I also searched the forum and

I would assume the normal +/- 10% would be fine so somewhere in the 207V - 252V but I would like to know for sure prior to purchasing the unit.

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.

Isolation Tranformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
maxxpwr avatar image
maxxpwr answered ·

I've got a trick for just this, grab yourself a lab power supply (cheap used on Gumtree eBay etc) get an incandescent light buld, plug in your power source to the power in side and attach a desk lamp with bulb fitted to the output, put a true rms multi across the lamp socket plug, power up the lab supply and wind it up to 200, watch the output voltage and keep winding up the input voltage till you reach the lowest acceptable output voltage, note the input voltage, keep increasing voltage till you reach the highest acceptable output voltage, again note the input voltage. Presto

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic