question

dennis-brok avatar image
dennis-brok asked

Connectivity to Venus running on raspberry pi

So here’s the question

I have a raspberry pi running Venus with the 7inch touchscreen and have connected a smart Bmw 712 and a 100/50 mppt both are smart

now I also have a smart ip21 30 amp charger and a victron Orion smart 12-12/50 charger

I now nee all my use as dc usage

400 amp of lithium 12 volt and a 4000 watt inverter (not victron)

Can I change settings so the display shows me the ac usage with a sensor or use a Bluetooth dongle for the other chargers ?

Venus GX - VGX
image.jpg (4.5 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dennis-brok avatar image
dennis-brok answered ·

so there is no way ?

cant i ajust the screen then to not see all the things i dont have ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lklmenterprises avatar image
lklmenterprises answered ·

I'm running a Pi too - Best guess it will be within the Web Application - i.e. the Themes, etc. (it is really just a html5 web app)

they are all accessible by logging into the Pi via SSH (or on console if you have a screen and keyboard connected, but I haven't investigated where to change anything significant like removing unwanted widgets.

That said - the Venus gets it's AC usage by being connected to a Multi - so I doubt you could get AC Usage from a Non Victron product (Fronius excluded.)

Further to that, Victron do have an AC Current sensor designed for a PV Inverter, but in the end it only has a single cable which plugs into the AUX port of a Multi or Quatro, so really the same deal...

The AC Current sensor is a simple external current sensor used to measure AC Current, Power (VA) and calculate energy of a PV Inverter connected to the AC input or output of a Multi or Quattro. These values can then be displayed and sent to the VRM-website by the Color Control. The two measurement wires can be connected to the AUX and/or temperature sense input of a Multi or Quattro.

2 |3000