question

dave-and-becky-waterman avatar image
dave-and-becky-waterman asked

State of Charge Low

Hi Community,

After a bit of help here. My collegue has a setup with a MultiPlus Compact 24/2000/50-30, a BlueSolar Charger MPPT 100/50 and two 250 watt panels. This is then with 8 Hopekeca 6 Volt, 550AH AGM batteries. We recently added in the raspberry Pi3 as a venus device with the ESS assistant running on the multiplus.

It appears to all be working fine, its does a scheduled charge at 6pm local time but never chargers to higher then 93%. I'm expecting I have got a setting wrong somewhere in the multiplus, but I'm not 100% sure.

In the multiplus it is configured for Gel/AGM batteries and for 550AH, but we still get a low reading from the state of charge.

I have a very similar setup of the EasySolar system and the same batteries which is showing correctly and as far as I recall I configured then Multiplusses the same.

Any advice greatly received.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

You seem to have a discrepancy regarding inverter voltage (24) /battery count (8 x 6v) /battery Ah (550Ah) .

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi,

Seen same before on a MPII.

Although the MP can calculate the SOC, it is a best guess. Getting a BMV will give a much more accurate SOC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.