question

bobsgt avatar image
bobsgt asked

MultiPlus 12/2000 faulting

My MultiPlus 12/2000 has begun faulting on a regular basis, at least daily. I have a 12/2000, a BMV-712 and an MPPT 100, with 230 watts of solar and a 200Ah LifeBlue lithium battery.

It will often restart, only to fault again later. I am not able to monitor this, so I do not have any idea which fault state is causing the failure.

I have shut down and restarted a couple times, but it eventually fails.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Would the VRM platform help to understand the problem?

Thank You

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Unfortunately, that information doesn't give us much to go on.
What sort of loads are you running? Is the battery Voltage going too low or perhaps it's an over-temperature event?
If it is an unattended setup then VRM would certainly help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bobsgt avatar image
bobsgt answered ·

My loads are very low as the camper is in the driveway or being used as a daily driver.

A 15 a outlet with a couple battery chargers, a microwave (not in use) that only displays time. When this display goes off, I know it has failed.

The battery is never less than 80%.

The ambient temperature is around 60 f. No indication of overeating battery.

I do not know what the voltage is over time, but everything is set for lithium or was programmed for lithium.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Nothing seems out of place there.
The MultiPlus would indicate a fault code with it's LED's, but I guess this has cleared and look normal whenever you notice there has been an outage? Is it definitely the MultiPlus going out or is the battery's inbuilt BMS disconnecting for some reason? I'm not sure if the battery logs faults?

I'm really sorry, it's very difficult to say what else it could be.

2 |3000