question

spolle avatar image
spolle asked

A question regarding the MultiPlus 24/3000 inverter-charger:

I currently have the MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 installed as a backup UPS system for essential appliances. However, I’d like to add panels to the system to bring down my grid utility bill. What’s the most efficient and cost effective way to achieve this? Buying a PV Inverter and tying it to the grid (separate to the MultiPlus), or opting for an MPPT and running the power into the battery system?

In the case of the latter, will the panels and MPPT supplement the electricity usage on AC1 and AC2 while the grid is connected? Or only when it’s in ‘Inverter mode’.

I’ve read the instruction manual through and through and it’s not clear how a module system can be incorporated into a MultiPlus setup. I guess the short version of this question is: What is the best way to adapt the MultiPlus into a hybrid grid-tied system (to reduce the monthly electricity bill) while maintaining the unit's current purpose as a small back-up system for essential appliances?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Hi @Spolle,

The answer to the most cost effective solution is really dependent on how much PV power you would like to produce.

Usually with the 3KVA a 150/70 MPPT is paired with it (if you check out the Easy Solar 24/3000), with the right combination of panels (6 x 330W) you can add about 1980W of power.

You can play with ideas using the mppt calculator, https://mppt.victronenergy.com/.

With programming the ESS assistant you will be able to supplement your loads. So if you do not have a CCGX device to make this work the best I would also include this with your purchases.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spolle avatar image
spolle answered ·

Thanks Alexandra, your answer is on par with much of the research I've done since posting this question. Really appreciate the feedback and confirmation.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic