question

colmor avatar image
colmor asked

Charge controller settings

Hi, I think this is probably a really dumb question but here goes: My solar gate opener is having issues in that the batteries are discharging. I had the batteries tested and they are fine. The gate is a 24 V system. I have 2 X 12 v batteries wired in series. A "friend" played with the controller and I am not sure whether the settings are correct. The "float voltage" setting is 13.7 V. Is that correct or should it be something like 26 v considering the overall voltage coming out of the batteries is around 24 V? Any assistance on what the controller settings should be would be appreciated....

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Colmor

Your pal hasn't done you any favours. It's likely been set to 12V rather than 24V, and you'll need to correct that. Just make sure it's set to one of the standard presets for your batt type as well, and the settings should be suitable by default. You can tweak for personal preference if you must, but usually unnecessary.

The 12/24V setting will be first on the list.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic