question

felix-schulte avatar image
felix-schulte asked

My Multiplus is not turning on – switch broken

Hello, I just got a brand new Multiplus 12V/3000W/230V and installed it on my sailboat. 12V DC is connected but the unit is not turning on.

My assumption is that the switch is broken as it is stuck. I disassembled the plastic switch to switch directly on the board. However I cannot move anything. Does anyone has any ideas how the switch works and how I can turn the unit on?

Many thanks

Felix

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
img-6562.jpg (591.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

It is a rocker switch. If it is not moving over then there is a physical problem.

Yours seems to be missing the black plastic part of the switch.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Felix Schulte, there are no user serviceable parts on this unit; please immediately get in touch with the authorized dealer or distributor from whom you purchased this device to initiate the warranty return/repair process. Do not attempt to switch the device with the switch broken and the device energized, you can cause extreme damage to yourself or your property trying to do this.

Close the unit back up, uninstall it, and get in touch with your dealer to get the unit repaired or replaced.

2 |3000