question

dogboyaa1 avatar image
dogboyaa1 asked

Venus Raspberry Pi Display

Hi All

I have a question about the Venus project on the raspberry pi

If you notice the unit shows “off” wondered why does it do that. Also I have a Victron Inverter, Charge Controller, and the BMV 712 connected using the ve to usb cables. They all display on the Venus interface but when the batteries are providing power to the inverter it does show the symbols for it.

It does show between the Venus and the inverter and from the CC to the batteries.

Also is there a way to make the AC go away. I don’t have a charger and under AC load 1 and 2 said disabled but it still shows. Just an annoyance but not a big deal

Am I missing something?

Venus OSVE.Direct
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

What firmware version is on your inverter? How is it connected to the RaspberryPi?

0 Likes 0 ·
dogboyaa1 avatar image dogboyaa1 wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Hi I am running 1.14 and it’s connected to the pi via a ve direct usb cable

It’s not a big deal but just more curious than anything else. Also my battery monitor and solar charger are also using the ve direct

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

To see the inverter you nee a USB to Mk3 converter interface to work for the Raspi

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources