question

bjorn avatar image
bjorn asked

MPPT high voltage output

I have a MPPT 150/35 with two 24V panels in serie as input going to a 24V battery bank. I also have a 100/30 with two 24V panels in serie going to the same battery bank. Both controllers are set to battery setting 1. Cables between controllers and batteries are of same type and length. The 30 amp controller goes to abs and float when the batteries are full but the 35amp stays in bulk and output voltage goes up as high as 33V! It stays in bulk at high voltage until the end of the day. Controller input voltage is at about 63V.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what is going on here? Thanks!!

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Check the settings for the 150/35, check the battery voltage selected.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Patrik Kall avatar image
Patrik Kall answered ·

Smartsolar or Bluesolar?

I read on Victrons site/FAQ that if Smartsolars are connected to eachother via VE Network they can synchonize and thus work much better together.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If your MPPT output Voltage is a lot higher than the battery Voltage when changing then that means that you have a bad connection somewhere between that charger and the battery.

2 |3000