question

oemmes avatar image
oemmes asked

SmartSolar 150/35 cuts off if Batteries are 100% loaded instead of supporting grid connection

Setup:

Victron Multi Plus 48/3000

Color Control

2 x Pylontech 2000 Batteries

Smart Solar 150/35

Problem:

SmartSolar 150/35 cuts off if Batteries are 100% loaded instead of supporting grid connection. If my Batteries aren´t fully charged the SmartSolar ist loading them. If the Batteries are fully charged i hoped that the SmartSolar could support the grid connection (Multi Plus 48/3000) in order to save costs for electricity.

Question:

Is it possible to support the 230V grid connection by Solar Power from the SmartSolar 150/35 ?

If yes, how can i activate this function ?

Thanks for the support

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, it is possible to support the grid with solar. I have 2x 150/35 which support grid loads.

You need to be running an ESS system for this to work though. It seems as though you have not installed and configured the ESS assistant on the MultiPlus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oemmes avatar image
oemmes answered ·

@WKirby

Thank you. After updating the Firmware of the Multi Plus and adding the ESS via Assistent it finally worked. Great !

2 |3000

Meiring avatar image
Meiring answered ·

You have to load the ESS assistant on your victron inverter. Under the ess you select - feed in excess power.

2 |3000