question

davebreak avatar image
davebreak asked

BMV-712 SOC percent way off

I have six battle born 100 amp Lithium batteries in my motorhome, two Victron solar controllers and a BMV-712 battery monitor. The monitor SOC gets way off after just a day or two. It reads 100% when I can still put 60-70 amps in for nearly an hour. I checked the wiring and there is only one lead from the neg going to the shunt. I have rechecked the parameters and they are as listed for these batteries.

Batteries went to empty two days ago and SOC said 36 percent. Then SOC went blank till I charged the batt bank fully two days ago. Yesterday it was cloudy and didn’t fully charge. Now today I got lots of sun and SOC hit 100%. Prob is that I was able to charge at 70 amps for most of an hour and batts still weren’t full. Monitor says it’s been two days since sync Losing faith in this monitor

Settings

Cap 594

CV 14.4

Tail 4%

Time 3 min

Perk 1.05

CEF 99%

C Th .1 A

TTG 3 min

Sync off

Manually set 92.4 (note this is a new setting I didn’t enter)

Sync - I never used

Zero calc. - I never used.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi,

Sync - I never used: You have to fully charge the batteries and once they are full, then you Sync them to calibrate the BMV to a fully charged state.

Zero - I never used: If everything is off, there is absolutely no current drawn from the batteries bar the BMV, you set press to set to Zero. It is to calibrate the zero current draw for the BMV.

Every few months, repeat the process.

Regards.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.