question

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 asked

Cloud Edge Effect puts Quattro into passthru

My system comprises of 3X MPPT 250/100, 36X JA 370W, 8X Pylontech US3000B and 1X Quattro 15KVA.

On cloudy days, I've observed that the Quattro goes into passthru mode every time the power from the PV peaks over approx. 13kW during cloud edge effect events.

Why does this occur and how can I prevent it?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jgrimm77

Did you solve this?

Sounds like an installer has to look at the numbers / settings / etc.
Could be the battery voltage shoots too high, could be something else...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 answered ·

Hello

I did solve it thanks.

I realized that it was only happening when batteries are quite full and remembered that I had adjusted the voltage limits in accordance with the revised charger tab settings contained in paragraph 4.2 of this article: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom.

I set them back to 53,2 and 53V as per the older version of the above article and the issue was resolved.

Bear in mind I never go above 52V in any case since ESS limits it to that quite successfully.

So it seems there was some conflict going on (I'm just speculating) between the Quattro and the Octo?

Thanks again.

2 |3000