question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

3 x Multiplus 3000/24 in Parallel, Overloading to early

Hi All,

3 x Muliplus 24/3000/50-70, all units about 2 years old

Just onsite on a installation have upgraded the 3 units to the latest firmware 465 and reset them up as a new parallel system

I have run each unit as stand alone and all units are working. correctly

When Running on batteries, and we have a 20Kw Lithium Phosphate set of batteries brand new

Fully charged and all working correctly and running at 26 volts when loaded to 4000 va or -200 amps at 26 volts

I am having problems getting the units to ramp up to there Max load settings ie 9000va which they should be capable of doing easy ( even for short periods they (under 5 min) seem to overload at 5000watts or more

when Hi start loads are applied when the systems is running at say 5000 watts

If another large load comes on the system shuts down with a overload error

Of note The systems AC connections BOTH in and Out AC1 In and AC1 out

AC2 out is not used..

Each Inverters AC1 out has a 2 Mtr run on both the active and neutral,before they are joined. at the distribution box.

I am wondering if this long AC run from each inverter could be causing a imbalance. and thus one inverter is taking to much load and overloading .

any sugestions

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Paul B

easiest way to test if the units are sharing the load equally: use a current meter and see how much each inverter is generating (you can measure both AC and DC)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.