Pat Davitt asked

Observed Behavior of System Components with DVCC Active

My system consists of:

2 - Victron HE (NMC) 24V/200AH batteries in series
1 - Lynx Ion BMS (1000)
1 - Quattro 48/5000 120V
1 - Smart Solar 150/45
1 - CCGX

All firmware is the latest version. I am not running ESS.
DVCC is enabled, controlled by the Lynx Ion BMS and appears to be functioning nominally.

My question is: What should be the observed behavior of the Quattro and Smart Solar CC during a normal charging cycle?

For example, The Quattro Bulk charges up to about 99% SOC, then switches to Absorb (I assume to perform cell balancing) and remains in the Absorb state even when the power output to the battery is 0 amps. Is this normal?

I have searched for Technical Specifications or Use Cases for the DVCC logic but cannot find any. I am sure they exist somewhere.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

This seems normal. Though not ideal.

When in DVCC, a systems 'charge states' get taken over. So it can be a little confusing.

There is development work going on at the moment to improve the description and display of the system while in this mode.

Operationally it is working well though.

This section in the CCGX manual is the extent of the documentation for DVCC as far as I know. It is possible to find more discussion about it on the Venus Developer group.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt commented ·

Guy,

Thanks for the info. As a Systems Architect/Integrator I think the DVCC concept is great. Letting the batteries/BMS control their own charging makes sense.

However, because of my background, I always like to confirm the behavior of an autonomous system by observing the behavior of the devices it controls. Hopefully the documentation will catch up with the functionality before too long.

Thanks for the link the the Venus Developer Group.

Pat

0 Likes 0 ·
Pat Davitt avatar image Pat Davitt commented ·

Guy,

Would like to privately contact you about DVCC. However, this site does not have the ability to send Private Messages to members. I assume you have access to my email address, please let me know how I may contact you.

Nothing weird, just want to chat.

Thanks,

Pat

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources