question

swampbush avatar image
swampbush asked

Equalize Time on mppt firmware V1.42

It appears that the adjustable equalization time in the new mppt firmware does not actually change the equalization time. The screen shot show the message still says 1 hour and it does not stop equalizing at 15 minutes. This seems to be the case on both my two different mppts.

Also equalization time does not show on the history graphs.

It is still counterintuitive to have too set absorption to 12 hours just to get the two hours absorption I require each day to reach the correct end amps for lightly discharged Trojan T105 batteries. Otherwise a good improvement on the previous firmware.

MPPT Controllers
mppt-medium.png (94.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
thomassolar avatar image
thomassolar answered ·

A few comments:

1) From Your screenshot/photo it seems like you use the "adaptiv absorpstion" setting..? If you want a fixed 2 hours absorption, simply put it in "fixed absorption time" mode. (That is if you actually want 2 hours every day. The adaptive mode offers a regulation of absorption time based on battery voltage in the morning. Adaptive is good for many batteries, but in f ex my system With litium ion batteries, I prefer fixed absorption time)

2) You have not activated Automatic equalize. If you use the manual equalize, the EQ time is 1 hour. The setting 15 minutes only applies for Automatic equalize.

(This is how I see it).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

swampbush avatar image
swampbush answered ·

Thanks for the feedback. It is not obvious that the equalisation time only applies to automatic equalisation.

I don't want fixed absorption but the adaptive algorithm is not well designed for flooded lead acid. Hopefully trailing amps from a bmv via Bluetooth will be implemented soon.

2 |3000