question

copprhead avatar image
copprhead asked

Orion XS 12/12-50 software reset

My Orion XS yesterday restarted itself without any apparent reason. I could hear the engine revolutions increase for a couple of seconds, saw that the current flow into the battery had stopped (previously charging at full power), and then everything went back to normal (engine revs and XS charging). Looking at the app, I've seen one finished charge cycle (stopped due to "Software-Reset"), exactly 1h 0m long. What could be the cause for this behaviour?

orion xs
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

d-winterburn avatar image d-winterburn commented ·
Has anyone found out more information on this 'software reset' seen in history? My Orion XS 12/12-50 has done multiple software resets. Charging is interrupted and the process starts again. I'm running the latest firmware as of the date of this comment. Anyone? Victron? Thanks.
1 Like 1 ·
barbican2 avatar image barbican2 commented ·

Have had three "software resets" like yours - have tried lowering the output setting, but seems to have made little difference....

A continuous 5hr drive was broken into multiple cycles 12 completed - 10 Powered off - 4 Software Reset.

Have since changed input output to 40amp in 30 amp out to see what happens......

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey, noted. Thank you for the report; we’ll look into this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maidstein avatar image
maidstein answered ·

Same problem here.

2 |3000